ss_blog_claim=faeec05b4de31199c48e093b03583154

Friday, April 25, 2008

Digital Photography as a Hobby

My work as a graphic artist is fun and financially rewarding. But sometimes, I am at a loss for creative ideas. It helps if I sit back and look at my work from a different point of view. I usually go to graphic design and stock photography sites to get the creative juices flowing. I have been browsing through different stock photo sites gettyimages, corbis, and veer but I have never bothered thinking about there are real people behind the brilliant photos that they feature. They are, of course, the photographers.

A few weeks ago I bumped into old friends that are into digital photography. For some reason, I was compelled to ponder about the idea of me having a new hobby. And what would be a better hobby than digital photography? So I started by browsing for online lessons, and digital SLRs of course. I also found out that there are sites that offer amateur photographers the opportunity to enhance their photo-shooting skills and earn at the same time. Isn't it exciting?

I already have a digital camera, its not SLR, but it will do for a start. I'm just thrilled by the idea that i have a new hobby! Will post pics soon!

No comments: