ss_blog_claim=faeec05b4de31199c48e093b03583154

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Building my own Website

It has been quite some time since I last designed a website for a client. Using Adobe Photoshop and Macromedia Fireworks and some tinkering with HTML, I was able to come up with professional looking websites in just a few days. I am saying "professional looking" website not because I was a non-pro web designer, but because I did not have any formal training on doing it. Whatever!? Nowadays, it's becoming easier for virtually anyone with a PC and internet connection to make their own website. Blogger and Wordpress, for example, gives free templates. And since webhosting companies have mushroomed almost everywhere, competition is so tight that most of them offer free web templates just to get an edge over their competitors. These free web templates are usually bundled in their hosting packages. To some extent, hiring a web designer nowadays has becomes almost needless. But of course, if you have very specific needs that are not included in the free templates, and if you have ZERO knowledge in editing the text and replacing the images, then getting a web designer can still be handy. I badly need my own website, but I barely have time for it. So I might have to get one of those free templates and just make some adjustments.

Register.com Email Packages

No comments: