ss_blog_claim=faeec05b4de31199c48e093b03583154

Friday, May 9, 2008

Defining My Niche Market

Just been to my bestgalpal Wandering Elephant's blog. And I just realized what I really need to do to improve my blogging. KISS. No, not the one that entails puckering up of the lips nor of tonsil hockeying. I need to Keep It Short and Simple.

I guess I've done my part as far as shortness of posts is concerned. But I have a lot of brushing up to do to keep my blog simple. Looking at it now, it's like an eyesore. And a hodge podge of what-have-yous. Not that its bad, but it's just not helping me maximize the monetizing factor behind this blog.

So KISS can be likened to having a niche market. I've already heard this before from Major, my Netrepreneur friend and mentor. Briefly defined...

A niche market could be defined as a component that gives your business POWER. A niche market allows you to define who you are marketing to.
From About.com


Having this in mind, I have to really define whom this blog should be for, and then the rest will follow. From choice of topics that will be discussed, to ads that will be shown, and finally to the readers who will eventually be translated into traffic.

So, tonight I will start by noting down the topics that I will most frequently blog about and then I'll probably make a separate blog for each category. Actually I already have another blog which is about Health and Fitness.

And then I might be jumping aboard my own domain and paid hosting very soon. Amore and I had a chat earlier and she's been convincing me to get my own domain and hosting from her hosting biz. She said that blogger.com is good but having my own name and space would attract more income in the long run. Hmmm. That's for another post.



1 comment:

Troy said...

KISS also stands for "keep it simple stupid" in some circles!